Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Before Sinai...

I read this yesterday morning:
"Exodus does not start with God and Moses on Mt. Sinai.  It starts with five women* giving Moses life, protection and training.  The great books of Samuel do not begin with Samuel, Saul or David.  They start with Hannah struggling to bring forth a son...David was in Bethlehem because two women (Naomi and Ruth) came back there to make a home and to start again God's way."**
It gave me vision for my day yesterday.  I need frequent reminders that this mothering gig is important.  I almost always know it in my head, but I get tired and forget it in my heart.
____________________
Chris and his dad took the two big boys skiing today.  With a 50% reduction in little boys in this house, I may actually finish my list today.

This is one of those pictures that makes it look like your morning went down much differently than it actually did.  I'll leave it at that.


*The five women are the two Hebrew midwives who refused to kill all the newborn boys, Moses' mother and sister, and Pharaoh's daughter.
**From The Five Aspects of Woman by Barbara Mouser.

1 comment:

  1. Curious..... Love you precious. You need to rest after your busy week. My love, Momma

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts