Friday, October 8, 2010

Chocolate chocolate...

Today was a Jonah day.*  Nothing spectacular happened.  The baby was up a lot in the night, so I woke up late and sleep deprived.  The rest of the day flowed from that inauspicious beginning.  Once we got the kids down to bed, I decided chocolate was required.  When I pulled up to the gas station, a woman pulled in right beside me.  She was about my age, looked worn and frazzled and was driving an oversize SUV.  We made eye contact and she looked a little embarrassed, as I'm sure, did I.  I knew immediately that we were there for the same reason.  At first I thought I had been mistaken when she passed by the candy aisle and walked directly to the counter.  Then I realized that I was right, and the drug of choice was the only difference.

Chocolate
Chocolate
Chocolate
Chocolate

               i
love
      you so
               i
want
       to
marry
       you
       and
live
    forever
         in the
         flavor
of your
 brown
- Arnold Adoff

*See Anne of Green Gables

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts