Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baffling...

 Jacob and my niece, Maggie, both 5 years old, had their faces painted at day camp.  That evening I scrubbed Jacob's face to get everything off.  After bath time, my sister-in-law, Amy, and I sat on the couch with the kids.  I noticed that Maggie's face was clean, too.

Me:  I had a hard time getting all that paint off Jacob's face.  Did you really have to scrub Maggie?
Amy:  Oh, Maggie did you wash your face paint off?
Maggie:  When I got out of the shower, it was still on my face, so I got some more soap and washed it off.
Me:  (Pause.  Quizzical look.)  This is a phenomenon I have never experienced.

My boys' philosophy is that if it doesn't come off when the water sprays you, it was meant to stay.

2 comments:

  1. I kind of agree with the boys. Honestly, leftover eye makeup just makes you look punk rock, and it's not like all the ink on my fingers will Ever come off anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. (that was me, smcb)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts