It's been a testosterony week. My father-in-law is here acting as the world's greatest handyman - the labor is free and he throws in child care and children's carpentry lessons, too. He let David and Jacob use his staplegun, drill and nailgun. I don't know if life will be the same for them.
They made Celtic battle axes. David drew war paint on everyone and spiked their hair with gel (which still hasn't quite washed out).
They made a train using their riding toys, bungee cords and rope.
Here are some games they've invented and played a lot this week:
1. Pancake - Someone is the pancake. Just as the other two begin to eat him, the pancake runs away screaming. The other two catch him, tickle him and bring him back.
2. Run tag - It's a spin off of hide and seek. The seeker carries a ball. The hiders run out of their spots screaming about 10 seconds into the game, and the seeker tries to hit them with the ball.
3. Bollyball football - Here are the rules as stated by Jacob:
- You throw the ball to nobody.
- If you catch it, you lose 5 points.
- If you miss it you get a point.
- If you're older than 5, you have to go easy on the little guys.