Tuesday, August 31, 2010

But she's only thirty-four, you're seven...

Really, I don't know how it happened.  I was hanging out with a friend.  This was the only adult beverage I consumed.  I was fiddling and all of a sudden my finger got stuck in the beer bottle.  Thank goodness my friend had the presence of mind to make me pose for a picture before I grabbed the dish soap and freed myself.  

It occurred to me that if one of my children had wedged their finger in a glass bottle for no apparent reason, my response would have been something along the lines of, "Why, why, WHY would you do that?!?" in a voice that expressed my deep conviction that they had done it just to irritate me.  When I'm the idiot, it's just funny.  So basically, I guess what I'm saying is that I naturally have grace for idiotic behavior in a 34 year old (especially one who is me), but in a 7, 5 or 3 year old, I find it incredibly immature and annoying.

2 comments:

  1. It probably depends on how personally inconvenient it is to me. If you want to send me a list of all the stupid things you've done, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts