- Explained the lyrics to various "angry girl" songs to my boys.
- Cheered for Karen and Angela in their first triathlon.
- Had a couple of fantastic meals with Aaron and Angela.
- Layla: "David, hold my hand."
- Ian: "Mom says I can't have water cause it makes me sick. Mom says I need chocolate milk."
- Watched the cousins play.
- Jacob: "Come here, Layla. I'll hold your hand."
- Hung out with two of the three best sisters-in-law in the world.
- Analyzed the lyrics to Hallelujah and Jacob and 2 Women with Mom, Dad, John and Karen
- Heard Rand laughing hysterically. Found Layla in his bed with him.
- Watched the boys play tag and roll down a hill at a rest stop in Tennessee.
- Held Bryan's hand through the "Small Fry Try" kids triathlon.
- Listened to Harry Potter with the boys and realized I sounded more like Mr. Dursley than Dumbledore. Helped me chill out for the second half of the drive.
- Two-year-old Layla shaved her legs, ate dog food and rubbed her body down with liquid hand soap.
- Ate the best carrot cake I've ever had.
- Had dinner with an old friend.
- Let David (7) and Andrew (8) put the baby bed together by themselves.
- Great conversations with my brothers.
- Played Carcasonne with J.T. and David.
- Broke it to my dad that even though I've been at my brother's house for a week, I still don't know which way the interstate is from his house.
The Lonely Dragon Theresa Heine A dragon is sad Because everyone thinks A dragon is fierce and brave, And roars out flames, And eats everyb...
Lottery tickets for Chris (I know, classy)... A Valentine's greeting from the boys And hanging out with my favorite guy...
If you want to spend some time meditating on what in your life is extraneous, this is a good book. It follows a man and his son struggling ...
When my youngest brother was around four or five, my father was very disappointed to learn that my other brother and I had informed Aaron, w...
Guys, we got some really great cancer news this week. To appreciate it, you need to understand where we've been over the last three yea...
A few years ago I did a 100 mile bike ride with my family. Mine was an ill-conceived plan. I was in shape to do about 50 miles, and 100 -...
Friends, it's been the worst kind of week. My Chris has cancer. He went to the doctor Friday morning a week ago with a sore knee. ...
From last weekend... I'm living under a shadow. Most days I can walk here with, if not nonchalance, then composure. But today was...
This is just a quick update on Chris. He is 3 months in to his post-surgery year of chemo. He switched to a new chemo a few weeks ago. H...
Young Thomas and His Mother by Mary Cassett I'm doing a Bible study right now called Five Aspects of Woman by Barbara Mouser. One...