- Explained the lyrics to various "angry girl" songs to my boys.
- Cheered for Karen and Angela in their first triathlon.
- Had a couple of fantastic meals with Aaron and Angela.
- Layla: "David, hold my hand."
- Ian: "Mom says I can't have water cause it makes me sick. Mom says I need chocolate milk."
- Watched the cousins play.
- Jacob: "Come here, Layla. I'll hold your hand."
- Hung out with two of the three best sisters-in-law in the world.
- Analyzed the lyrics to Hallelujah and Jacob and 2 Women with Mom, Dad, John and Karen
- Heard Rand laughing hysterically. Found Layla in his bed with him.
- Watched the boys play tag and roll down a hill at a rest stop in Tennessee.
- Held Bryan's hand through the "Small Fry Try" kids triathlon.
- Listened to Harry Potter with the boys and realized I sounded more like Mr. Dursley than Dumbledore. Helped me chill out for the second half of the drive.
- Two-year-old Layla shaved her legs, ate dog food and rubbed her body down with liquid hand soap.
- Ate the best carrot cake I've ever had.
- Had dinner with an old friend.
- Let David (7) and Andrew (8) put the baby bed together by themselves.
- Great conversations with my brothers.
- Played Carcasonne with J.T. and David.
- Broke it to my dad that even though I've been at my brother's house for a week, I still don't know which way the interstate is from his house.
The Lonely Dragon Theresa Heine A dragon is sad Because everyone thinks A dragon is fierce and brave, And roars out flames, And eats everyb...
Lottery tickets for Chris (I know, classy)... A Valentine's greeting from the boys And hanging out with my favorite guy...
If you want to spend some time meditating on what in your life is extraneous, this is a good book. It follows a man and his son struggling ...
When my youngest brother was around four or five, my father was very disappointed to learn that my other brother and I had informed Aaron, w...
Guys, there are scenes from cancer that would break your heart: Chris sitting at the window watching the other men play basketball with ...
A few years ago I did a 100 mile bike ride with my family. Mine was an ill-conceived plan. I was in shape to do about 50 miles, and 100 -...
Guys, we got some really great cancer news this week. To appreciate it, you need to understand where we've been over the last three yea...
Friends, it's been the worst kind of week. My Chris has cancer. He went to the doctor Friday morning a week ago with a sore knee. ...
From last weekend... I'm living under a shadow. Most days I can walk here with, if not nonchalance, then composure. But today was...
This is just a quick update on Chris. He is 3 months in to his post-surgery year of chemo. He switched to a new chemo a few weeks ago. H...