Monday, May 16, 2011
- David, J.T. and Andrew exploring the ship together and drinking Cokes in the Viking Crown lounge.
- Hanging out on the balcony.
- Ian and I with the same hairdo.
- Aaron winning Bingo.
- David and Andrew dancing at the family disco because I wouldn't let David swim until they danced.
- Getting all 20 of us on a boat to Cococay at the same time.
- The little boys in jackets and ties and the little girls in fancy dresses on formal nights.
- Jacob so excited about his date with Chris.
- The boys making up a complex war game in the empty arcade.
- Bryan to Gran on their date: "I'm glad I'm not as old as you. You're a hundred years old."
- Playing checkers with the boys in the game room. I offered to switch sides of the board with David if he got frustrated. He immediately began sacrificing his men then asked to switch sides.
- Rand riding all over the ship in the backpack.
- Wonderful dinners and an absurd amount of food.
Things I'm okay forgetting...
- Rand's daily nasty overflowing diapers
- Finding out in St. Thomas that 2 piña coladas and 3 virgin daiquiris cost $50 after we ordered them.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
The Lonely Dragon Theresa Heine A dragon is sad Because everyone thinks A dragon is fierce and brave, And roars out flames, And eats everyb...
Lottery tickets for Chris (I know, classy)... A Valentine's greeting from the boys And hanging out with my favorite guy...
If you want to spend some time meditating on what in your life is extraneous, this is a good book. It follows a man and his son struggling ...
When my youngest brother was around four or five, my father was very disappointed to learn that my other brother and I had informed Aaron, w...
Guys, there are scenes from cancer that would break your heart: Chris sitting at the window watching the other men play basketball with ...
Guys, we got some really great cancer news this week. To appreciate it, you need to understand where we've been over the last three yea...
A few years ago I did a 100 mile bike ride with my family. Mine was an ill-conceived plan. I was in shape to do about 50 miles, and 100 -...
Friends, it's been the worst kind of week. My Chris has cancer. He went to the doctor Friday morning a week ago with a sore knee. ...
From last weekend... I'm living under a shadow. Most days I can walk here with, if not nonchalance, then composure. But today was...
This is just a quick update on Chris. He is 3 months in to his post-surgery year of chemo. He switched to a new chemo a few weeks ago. H...