Saturday, May 7, 2011

Seasonal and comfortable settlement...

Over the past weeks, I've reflected on my time here in Northern Virginia. Chris and I came here battle-weary. We arrived at that little cottage in Houston newlywed and barely grown up. We learned a lot about how to be married in that house. I learned that God doesn't owe me my version of the perfect life - that even when it's not okay, it's okay because Jesus changes everything. But we left that little house with fresh wounds, and in one of life's great ironies, Northern Virginia - upwardly mobile, driven, success obsessed Northern Virginia - has been a place of rest. In his commentary on Noah's Ark resting on a mountain top, Matthew Henry says

"God has times and places of rest for his people after their tossing; and many times he provides for their seasonal and comfortable settlement, without their own contrivance, and quite beyond their own foresight."

Thank you God for this season of rest. Thank you for the women who helped make it so.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts