Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Neon is prettier than I thought...

It's been a rough couple of days with the boys.  I'm having to relearn how to homeschool taking into account my new mental state.  Homeschooling with basic human kindness was challenging before we tossed cancer in the mix.  Now I'm operating at a default stress level that means that one of my poor children can drop a Cheerio or misspell a word and be faced with CRAZY.  

Yesterday morning was unpleasant.  Later in the day, I met my best girl at the science museum.  She asked how things were going and I told the truth.  (Seriously, these days you shouldn't ask me how it's going unless you're braced for some ugly.)  We met back at Janet's house for lunch.  She handed me a gift certificate for a facial.  While I got massaged, moisturized and relaxed, she played Legos with my boys.  When I picked up my guys (who were so much cuter than they had been two hours earlier) she had our dinner prepared and the kids' lunch for today packed.  Seriously, what can you even say?
"Friendship glows in the dark."  -Cat Lane*

* From a Cancer Sucks care package sent by some of my Virginia people.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts