Monday, September 27, 2010

A shepherd not a warden...

So there are some good things that God is leading me away from right now.  It's not stuff that's wrong for everybody, and I'm confident that it will not always be wrong for me.  I've thought that this leading was primarily about God teaching me obedience.  I've had some crazy busy days lately, though.  At the end of such a day a few weeks ago, I had one of those 'Aha' God moments.  It hit me that it's not just about obedience.  He has my best interests in mind.  He knows that in my current circumstances, there are a lot of good things, even great things, that I just cannot do.  I felt loved.

*When I saw this picture, my first reaction was, "Yikes, I can't use that.  The sheep looks really undignified."  Then I remembered my place in the whole gospel story and got over myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts