Monday, August 22, 2011

Spit shield...

Lately, when we put the boys to bed, Bryan asks for a kiss with a caveat...
Bryan:  Will you give me a kiss - but not on the wips.
Me:  Why not?
Bryan:  (disgust)  Cause dat's wike Anakin and Padme.
Armed with this knowledge, Chris and I have been teasing Bryan.  We grab him and kiss him all over his face - like Anakin and Padme.  He laughs that crooked-mouth laugh I love.  

We were all in the living room the other day and I was threatening to kiss Bryan.  Jacob was agreeing with him about the grossness of his  situation.  I looked at David and could see the conflict on his face:  I could kiss my brothers - it would be gross, but it would torture them.  What to do, what to do...  Eventually he decided to kiss Jacob.  Jacob started freaking out.  I suggested he turn the situation around with something along the lines of, "Ha, ha, you kissed my sweaty face."  As Jacob and Bryan were planning a kissing counterattack against David, David started frantically licking his hands and wiping them all over himself, yelling, "Shield!  Shield!"

And, I picked up Rand, kissed him all over his face and wondered how many more years before he starts activating spit shields and complaining about Anakin/Padme kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts