Saturday, May 22, 2010

Circle of quiet

"The sight of a meal's worth of dirty dishes, pots, and pans makes me want to run in the other direction. Every so often I need OUT, something will throw me into total disproportion, and I have to get away from everybody - away from all these people I love most in the world - in order to gain a sense of proportion."
from Circle of Quiet by Madeliene L'Engle

For Mother's Day, Chris always gives me a day to myself - entirely free from child and household responsibilities.

Saturday I ...
walked in the woods alone
prayed beside a river
drank tea
ate lunch at Panera
read Freedom of Simplicity
took a nap
read The Histories
took a bath
read Circle of Quiet
read Proverbs
ignored the mess
played the piano
bought a book
had bread, brie and beer for dinner
read poetry
talked to an old friend
listened to the rain
laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts